Re: Fw: Fuck the script... I want him gone now....

> Can anyone tell me what the following permission means?
>
> >drwx-----T   2 bong      admin        1024 Oct 29 21:27 private

Err.. it means that it's a directory called private with read, write and
execute permissions available for the owner and the sticky bit set.

I assume you mean what does the sticky bit mean?  From my understanding it
is mostly a legacy left over from 'the old days' but currently is is still
used on /tmp and ftp/incoming directories by some people. It means that
anyone can create and read a file in that directory but only the *owner*
of the directory and rename or delete a file from it.

It's harmless... and in this case since the dir doesn't have world write
permissions I'd guess it was a mistaike.

Adam.