Re: New Installation

I'm currently running two versions of Debian: bo & hamm.  I boot hamm off
of /dev/hda2 w/LILO.  I boot bo off of /dev/hdb2 with a boot floppy.  I
created the boot floppy by first compiling a custom kernel, then running
/sbin/lilo as root with the following /etc/lilo.conf file:

boot=/dev/fd0
root=/dev/hdb2
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=0
image=/vmlinuz
label=Linux
read-only

append="aha152x=0x340,10,7,1"

...you'll notice the boot entry is for the floppy drive.  this means that
all that is on my floppy is LILO.  notice also the delay is 0, and the
image points to /vmlinuz.  this is the kernel.  /vmlinuz seems to be
pretty standard in naming the kernel.  make sure, if you use this, that
you copy your newly compiled kernel image to /vmlinuz before you run lilo.

matty

> I installed the base disks for the latest release of Debian. I have
> configured my system to boot from a boot disk. At the intial boot series I
> had to enter the param. for my Adaptec 1520b SCSI card. The system recog.
> it and I installed the base series. When asked to create a boot disk I
> did what was mentioned.
>
> That boot disk is looking for a WD 7000 card at address 0x348 ???
> How can I reflect my card in this statement, it is at 0x340,11,7,1
>
> Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> ==============================
> Mike Perks