Re: 3C509 acting strangely on Win95/Debian dual boot system

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: kevin havener <havenerk@thunder.safb.af.mil>
> > When rebooting into W95 from Linux, I have to power cycle the machine to
> > get it to recognize my 3C509 ethernet card.
>
> Try adding "reboot=h" to the boot command line. If that works, edit your
> lilo config to put it in there permanently. The reboot options are:
>
> 	w:	warm - no power-on self-test.
> 	c:	cold - performs POST.
> 	b:	bios - reboot by jumping through the BIOS.
> 	h:	hard - reset the CPU to reboot.

Donald Becker, author of the 3Com Linux drivers, posted an article to
the vortex-bug list about this kind of problem been related with a
BIOS bug not resetting the card on a soft reboot of the system.

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21