Re: Thanks for the help with compiling a new kernel... BUT!

You might have better success it you make your modules using
make-kpkg rather than make-ing in the source directory.  Try
executing `make-kpkg --targets' to get a list of targets (which
includes modules).

Caveat - I haven't made modules with make-kpkg myself, so I don't
know what pitfalls might await you along the way...

I'm thinking of starting a Debian custom kernel faq that would
address issues such as Ignus' questions and my own experience
with pcmcia and the kernel.  Any one interested in contributing?

Regards, Mike