Re: Adaptec AHA-1510 SCSI Driver

you need to choose the:

Adaptec AHA152X/2825 support

...option when you are configuring your kernel.  this will work for the
1505 (which i have) and the 1510.  then you have to add an 'append' line
to /etc/lilo.conf.  here's mine:

$ cat /etc/lilo.conf
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda2
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=20
image=/vmlinuz.dev
label=Linux
read-only

append="aha152x=0x340,10,7,1"

other=/dev/hda1
label=win

image=/vmlinuz
label=linux.old
read-only
append="aha152x=0x340,10,7,1"

...you may have to change the first two values after the '=' for the
memory address and irq of your card, but the last two should be the same.
don't forget to run lilo as root after you've configured and made your
changes to /etc/lilo.conf. :)

hope this helps,
matty

> The Hardware Compatibility HOWTO says that this SCSI card is supported
> under Debian Linux 1.3.1, but it didn't come with my standard distribution.
> Where can I get the module or driver for the AHA-1510 device?
>

> --

Matt Thompson       mattyt@oz.net
MZI, Inc.           v-206.430.3726
707 S. Grady Way    f-206.430.3420