Re: Win95 connected to my Debian box

Samba, the standard set of net servers, and perhaps a POP server are all
you need. File and printer sharing work excellently in both directions.
Telnet works from the Windows machine to Debian, POP mail works (Valerie
uses and old Eudora at home, but I think I've seen it work with Exchange,
too).

SMBFS doesn't work as well as SMBCLIENT for sharing files from the 95
system on the Debian machine. At times, it's wedged on me and I have had
to remove and re-load its module to get it going again. However, it has
worked just fine to back up the 95 system using the tape drive on the
Debian system, which is my major application for it.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html