Subject: Re: modem problems
Author:  c.evans@clear.net.nz at ~AMSCCSSW
Date:    10/26/97 9:13 PM

Andrew J Tarr <ajt60@cantua.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

> No, it wasn't. Yes, it fixed it, thanks a lot. I don't suppose anyone
> wants to explain why it needs fixed serial speed?

Because there is very little Linux software that adjusts the TTY speed
according to what follows the "CONNECT".  I suspect that it might be
possible to convince mgetty to do it, but minicom and pppd won't.
Also, a 14.4K connection can sometimes get more data - I got 3K/s
downloading some Postscript files.

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

               Neniu anticipas la hispanan Inkvizicion.