Syslog

I have a computone terminal server that I need to log to my debian machine.

I have set the terminal server up to log.

I have added the -r in the init.d file so SYSLOGD="-r".
I have added the following line to the syslog.conf file:

local7.*				/var/log/ts.log

I don't see any logging anything happening in the ts.log file.

Can anyone tell me if I am over looking something?  Do I need to reset the terminal server?

Help.

Tony