Intel Etherexpress Pro

I saw this network card on the Hardware-HOWTO list, so I was thinking
about buying one (I need a PCI network card, all my ISA's are used up).
I just installed the 2.0.29 source using dselect, and i did an xconfig as
root.  When I got to the Network device support area, I see the entry for
the EtherExpress Pro, but it's in faded text and I can't select it.

???

thanks,
matty