VIA Chipsets and Linux

I am considering purchasing a motherboard using one of the
VIA chipsets (VP1, VPX, VP2) instead of a TX-based motherboard.
Does anybody know of any compatability issues, such as IDE drivers,
etc..?  I'm considering the Rhino-12+ from Octek (Ocean) or a
FIC PA-2007.  The Rhino uses the VPX chipset (although its listed
as using the VP1) and the PA-2007 uses the VP2.

Does anybody have one of these boards to generate useful comments?

Thank-you for your indulgence,
--
Jon Nelson
U of MN Housing and Res. Life Computing Supervisor