Re: Preventing single user mode

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997 18:27:53 GMT Timm Gleason (timm@n2h2.com) wrote:

> Philippe Troin mentioned something about a password option,
>
> >Lilo has a password option (which you probably want to use with the restricted option too). RTFM.
>
> but I have been unable to find anything about this. Where might I find
> the difinative source of Lilo documentation?

Well, since I have to tell you everything... :-)
% apropos lilo
lilo (8)             - install boot loader
lilo.conf (5)        - configuration file for lilo
% man lilo.conf
===extracts===
       password=password
              The  per-image  option  `password=...'  (see below)
              applies to all images.
===
       restricted
              The   per-image  option  `restricted'  (see  below)
              applies to all images.
===later on per-image options:
       password=password
              Protect the image by a password.

       restricted
              A password is only required to boot  the  image  if
              parameters  are specified on the command line (e.g.
              single).
===end===

I guess you want to use password=somethjing and restricted.

Phil.