Re: 2.0.31

Yes.  I was having a problem with PPP - after 6-8 hours it would drop the
connection, and then die shortly after reconnecting with the messages in
/var/log/ppp.log

Oct 20 07:14:33 fleming pppd[11094]: No response to 5 echo-requests
Oct 20 07:14:33 fleming pppd[11094]: Serial link appears to be disconnected.
Oct 20 07:14:33 fleming pppd[11094]: Connection terminated.

Getting rid of the module and then reloading it seemed to cure the
problem for at least the next 6-8 hours.

There have been reports of memory leaks with 2.0.31 - I wonder?

And then last night while I was sleeping, the whole machine locked up
solid on me.  No error messages, nothing on the screen.

I'm using 2.0.30 now - just to see if the problems go away.  I think they
have.

I'm going to take another stab at 2.0.31 to see if I can figure out the
PPP problem at least -- I'm running LinuxHQ now, so it's about time I
learned how to do some serious kernel hacking.

So be careful with 2.0.31 - it's a massive upgrade (7 months, 976K patch
from 2.0.30) - so there are going to be lots and lots of bugs.

(Arrgh, just found a HTML bug on the changes page on LinuxHQ - nobody
 told me!)

Cheers,

 - Jim