Re: Problem with dhcpd/ip_masq

At 14:46 21-10-97 +0200, you wrote:

>This means you get a single IP address only. The only way to make the
>Windows 95 boxes access the internet is through proxys or by using
>ip-masquerading. I'd suggest proxying first, when it works try the
>masquerading stuff

The proxy is working fine, and the ip_masq too- if only using ip adresses
instead of domains.

>As I said, this is ok, but your Windows 95 boxes won't see the internet.
>All internet services need to be proxied by the Linux box, DNS beeing one
>of these.

Shouldn't the DNS requests just be forwardet via. ip_masq, like other things?

>Install bind with
>   dpkg -i /path/to/bind/bind_4.9.6-1.deb
>and answer all questions with RETURN, except
> Forwarder Hosts
>where you put in the IP's of your ISP's nameserver. Bingo, nameserver set
>up. This is really simple. Now put 192.168.0.250 as the IP of your DNS
>server in the DHCP configuration.

Ok, i'll do that!

>Now install squid and let the Windows 95 clients use 192.168.0.250 port
>3128 use as proxy for http, secure http, ftp and gopher. Now they can surf
>the Internet.

Done, expect they just have 192.168.0.250 as default gateway which will
redirect from 80/21 to 3180.

Regards,

michael-legart@jensen.com
icq uin: 2565176