Re: debian-user-digest Digest V97 #890

hello,

well I've went through some considerable pains to install the latest samba
on my system.... its there... everything seems to be working fine (seems to
be) the client can see the server the server and the client like to talk
back and forth... however when it comes to the issue of passwords... it no
longer like me....

I'm running shadow passwords... I have netatalk already installed for the
MacIntoshes on my system and I'm also running quotas. Does anybody have any
suggestions... I have tried every step in the "Diagnosing Samba"
documentation and I always get a failure of password... I have changed and
tried my password in upper and in lowercase letters etc. etc. etc.    does
anybody else have this problem or am I the only one?

Andrew Brigham

abrigham@northroute.net
Northroute Networks

Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 1.9.17p2]
first SMBtconX failed, trying again. ERRSRV - ERRinvnetname (Invalid network
nam
e in tree connect.)
SMBtconX failed. ERRSRV - ERRinvnetname (Invalid network name in tree
connect.)
Perhaps you are using the wrong sharename, username or password?
Some servers insist that these be in uppercase