Many configuration doubts (PWD, colors, executions and the modules)

Hello. I have just installed Debian 1.3.1 and have a lot of doubts about
configurations By now I have been able to install the X windows. But for
example :

- How can I do for the files and folders' colours to appear?

- How can I do the PWD to appear in the 'prompt'?

-Something extrange: with 'PC Actual Magazine' came the Netscape 3.01. I
made a 'tar xvfz <file>' and when installed, if I type 'netscape' (on the
proper directory) the system returns 'archive doesn't exist' or something
like that. Misteriously. if I run 'mc' and inside of it's window I press
enter on the file 'netscape', it runs. Note: if I make 'dir' or 'ls', this
file appears without '*' but in the window of 'mc' it does.
- Why the system doesn't find the modules in the boot

I'm very thankfull, and excuse that I wrote this message before in
Spanish.
Greetings : Juan Carlos Muro
sadacia@eniac.es