Fixing Bad Blocks

Hi.

I recently posted a message about "Kernel Panic" that was due to bad
blocks in my hard drive.  My plan is to just start all over.  What I need
now is a way to fix bad blocks or to skip over them if neccessary.  I
received a message that told me to use e2fsck -c /dev/hda? ( where ? is
any one of my 5 partions) to find the bad the bad block and then to use
badblocks to mark them.  However when I did e2fsck -c /dev/hda? again it
still sees the bad blocks and I am afraid that this will still cause the
system to hang. I am thinking of reformatting and drive all over again.
Will this fix the problem?  Does any body have any suggestions.  Is there
any program that fixes badblocks?

Patrick