Re: Pine and fvwm under hamm

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Matt Thompson wrote:

> since i updated to hamm, two odd things are happening.  one is that often
> when i send a message from Pine, it hangs for 20-30 seconds before saying
> 'message sent and copied to sent mail'.  just in case there was a problem
> with smail, or my isp's mail server (mail.oz.net), i sent some mail from
> netscape, without incident.  obviously this can be a bit of a pain if i
> have a lot of email to send. :)

I found the comments in the .pinerc file suggested a simple hack which
worked for me (my sendmail-path was originally blank):
# This names the path to an alternative program, and any necessary  arguments,
# to be used in posting mail messages.  Example:
#                    /usr/lib/sendmail -oem -t -oi
# or,
#                    /usr/local/bin/sendit.sh
# The latter a script found in Pine distribution's contrib/util directory.
# NOTE: The program MUST read the message to be posted on standard input,
#       AND operate in the style of sendmail's "-t" option.
sendmail-path=/usr/lib/sendmail -oem -t -oi

Cheers.

--
Colin Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
School of Policy Studies Building, Room 309, Queen's University