Re: Q: How to add to X Mngr popup menu

"Dean C. Sullinger" <deans@crl.com> writes:

> The subject line says it all. I am using
> Afterstep as my WinMngr.  I would like to
> add menu items both to the menu that pops
> up when you left mouse click on the
> background and to the Afterstep menu.
>
> There must be a doc for this someplace, yet
> there are so many I am probably stumbling
> over it and missing it.

man afterstep

Here is a short example for a popup menu:

Popup "Applications"
        Title "Applications"
        Exec   "xv"             exec xv &
        Exec   "vi"             exec xterm -T vi -e vi &
        Exec   "Ghostview"      exec ghostview &
        Exec   "The Gimp"       exec gimp &
        Exec   "GNU Emacs"      exec emacs &
        Exec   "Bitmap"         exec bitmap &
        Exec   "Xxgdb"          exec xxgdb &
        Exec   "Calculator"     exec xcalc -rpn &
EndPopup

and here is a wharf folder:

*Wharf AfterStep AFstep.xpm Folder
*Wharf xlock KeysOnChain.xpm Exec "-" xlock -mono -delay 10000 -batchcount 1000 -mode rock -nice 19
*Wharf Recycler  recycler.xpm  Restart " " afterstep
*Wharf Shutdown  shutdown.xpm  Quit
*Wharf ~Folder

There is also a really nice configuration program called ascp, I don't
know if this is debianized yet (It wasn't in 1.31 so I did it by
myself for private use).

        Torsten

--
"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space.
 Because there's bugger all down here on Earth"