Mutt_0.84-0 doesn't send

Hi, everybody --

I have installed new mutt package compiled for libc5 (THANKS to Ray for
keeping us with libc5 in mind!), ver. 0.84-0, and all was running fine
so I deleted my old package 0.74-3. BUT, I didn't try to send an Email
and sure enough that is the only function I can not get to work. I
believe that has something to do with the new wzy of handling the
$sendmail variable in mutt but I don't know how to change the sendmail
command to include the -t option (I'm running smail!) as mentioned in
the mutt README file (my error message in mutt is "sh:no:command not
found").
Can someone let me know what i can do to fix this problem (I can do
everything else in mutt as is now) or point me to the place where I can
get debianized mutt_0.74-3?
TIA
DamirN