Networking Problem

Problem getting debian 1.3.1 to work with network card.

I have a Racal Interlan NI6510 chipset (AM7990) network card. During
the debian install the card is detected and the driver is installed
into the kernel, but when I reboot the machine, I am getting a
-- Network not started -- message, and I can't seem to ping my Windows
NT 4.0 workstation. Can someone tell me what I am not doing right.

Send reply to:
aherbert@icon.com
aherbert@bear.com
sasayeh@aol.com