Re: NFS as root

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 kestrel@aye.net wrote:

> I was wondering on how to get a machine with no HD to mount its root via nfs
> on another running machine, the only documentation I have found is on how to
> create a nfsroot floppy which boots the kernel for the machine. The problem
> is once its booted I get errors from INIT about initial console. Any idea
> what's wrong and how to fix it?

Have you tried the nfsroot package? It contains some useful scripts to set
up the server for the diskless clients. They still aren't perfect (hence
the version number: 0.5), but once you get the idea, you can fill in the
gaps yourself. I did it once and had a working system.

Remco
--
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam up my clothes."