Re: xterm/keypad

Dale Harrison <dth@cns.aust.com> writes:

> This is probably going to sound stupid, but...
>
> How does one enable the numeric keypad in an xterm? I've never actually
> noticed that the keypad acts as cursor movement before.

It works well for me.  With Numlock enabled I get the numeric keys,
with numlock disabled the cursor functions are enabled.

Here is a portion of my .Xmodmap for comparing:

keycode 0x4D =	Num_Lock
keycode 0x70 =	KP_Divide
keycode 0x3F =	KP_Multiply
keycode 0x52 =	KP_Subtract
keycode 0x4F =	KP_Home		KP_7
keycode 0x50 =	KP_Up		KP_8
keycode 0x51 =	KP_Prior	KP_9
keycode 0x56 =	KP_Add
keycode 0x53 =	KP_Left		KP_4
keycode 0x54 =	NoSymbol	KP_5
keycode 0x55 =	KP_Right	KP_6
keycode 0x57 =	KP_End		KP_1
keycode 0x58 =	KP_Down		KP_2
keycode 0x59 =	KP_Next		KP_3
keycode 0x6C =	KP_Enter
keycode 0x5A =	KP_Insert	KP_0
keycode 0x5B =	KP_Delete	KP_Decimal
clear Mod2
add    Mod2    = Num_Lock

These seems to be the relevant entries for the numeric keyboard.
BTW, I use a Microsoft Natural Keyboard with german layout but this
shouldn't be of any importance.

        Torsten

--
"What a depressingly stupid machine"
                              The Restaurant at the End of the Universe