man page for nsswitch.conf

Hello.  As I have mentioned on this list several times, I have
upgraded my machine to a fair amount of libc6 stuff.  In general, it
seems to be working pretty well, but a lot of the NIS stuff is messed
up.  It is my understanding that this is because the NIS stuff used to
be handle by a user level "ypbind", and now libc6 is handling it in
the shared libraries.

What I _don't_ know is if I have my nsswitch.conf file set up
correctly.  I can't seem to locate documentation for it, so it makes
it hard to check :-)  An example of a problem I'm having:

ls -al
total 10436
drwxrwxrwx  20 root     root         1024 Oct  6 16:14 ./
drwxr-xr-x  31 root     root         1024 Oct  1 13:18 ../
drwxr-xr-x   3 5010     dialout      1024 Aug 26 15:42 blex/
drwxr-xr-x   3 278      dialout      1024 Aug  5 11:22 bsingh/
drwxr-xr-x   3 262      dialout      1024 Aug 25 11:23 cdieckma/
drwxr-xr-x   3 256      dialout      1024 Aug  9 16:53 dcmadhava/

Notice the numeric owners of these files...  Kind of nuisance - not a
big deal.  But I'm wondering if it's me, or broken stuff.

(The dialout groups are because the mappings from our NIS group
"others" hits that of "dialout" on my local config - it's always been
like that and it's no big deal.)

Thanks,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin | University of Cincinnati Savant Research Laboratory |