Re: formatting logical partition

Mario Olimpio de Menezes <mario@curiango.ipen.br> writes:

> 	I have a 2GB hd with the following partitions:
> 	~ 700MB for /
> 	~ 600MB for /home
> 	~  80MB for swap
> 	I would like to do 2 new partitions on the remainning free
> space. So I did an extended partition using the whole space and
> in this extended part. 2 Linux Native partitions.
> 	1st Q. Is this correct? Is there other approach?

Yes.

Many other approachs.

> 	2nd Q. If correct, how can I prepare the Linux partition
> inside the extended one? With mk2efs?

As usual.
For linux, there is no difference between primary or extended partition.
You can prepare all partitions as being extended, if you prefer.

Lilo, however, needs a primary partition if you do not want to put it in the
master boot.

--
Alair Pereira do Lago  <alair@ime.usp.br> <http://www.ime.usp.br/~alair>
Computer Science Department -- Universidade de S~ao Paulo -- Brazil