Implementing callback

Thanks to all that recently helped me with my 'peer refuses to
authenticate' problem.

Now I have gone 1 step further, and tried to implement callback for
security reasons.

I can does all of this manually by:
1) Connecting with minicom to the remote box
2) Logging in with a userid/password specified in /etc/mgetty/login.config
3) This session goes off hook, and minicom displays 'RING' when the remote
system calls me back
4) I answer the call with ATA
5) I enter a userid/password on the remote box
6) start pppd on the remote bax, ie ppp7
7) I leave minicom, without resetting the modem
8) On my box, is issue pppd </dev/ttyS2 >/dev/ttyS2

For this point on... a ppp connection is established and I have full range
of access to every machine at work. They now pay for the call, and I know
that it's really me dialing in. :)

What I would like to do to automate this process. I have tried a couple
chatscripts but after the login prompt and response is sent, the ATA is
never seen, and thus, the call is never answered.

As a side note, can windows/95 establish a connection like this?

--
Walter L. Preuninger II                        waldo @ irc.wasteland.org:#unix
walterp@rapidramp.com                         http://www.rapidramp.com/~walterp

                  L  I  N  U  X  Where You Really Should Be!