Re: disabling user mail

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, Paul Miller wrote:

> Is there anyway to disable user mail, so the user can not receive mail
> (the system replies that the user is unknown, etc)?  I'm currently using
> smail+procmail and I'd rather not switch MTAs.
>
> Possibly by using the .forward file (I couldn't find any help on it)?

make an alias pointing to a non-existant account.

e.g. put something like the following in /etc/aliases:

    username: USER_IS_UNKNOWN

I'm not sure if there are 'better'/'cleaner' ways of doing this with smail.
i've been using sendmail for a few years now and have forgotten most of my
smail tricks.

craig