TV PC card suggestions

I'm thinking about getting a TV PC card (TV on the PC, not for capturing)
and I'm wondering if (1) Linux supports these cards and (2) what kind
should I get?

I want to have full screen TV quality (or better) and be able to hear
sound (currently I have a SB16 and planning to upgrade to a AWE64 gold)

In regards to speed, I have a Diamond Stealth 64 2000 Video (I think)
175Mhz and my computer is a IBM 6x86 166+ with 64 EDO... I don't know if
my video card can handle TV quality (24 fps, 640x400 I think)

Also, would I need a cable box too?

-Paul