Re: is the Creative Labs AWE64 GOLD Soundcard supported?

On Wed, Oct 08, 1997 at 09:58:36PM +0300, liiwi@dlc.fi wrote:

> >> Oh, and it is debianized. There are awe-* packages in sound (extra).
> >> Just dpkg -i them, and then follow the instructions in my SB AWE HOWTO
> >> coming soon :-)
>
>  I know, I know. Last I checked it was v. 3.3 something, while the newest in
>  'barbaric' format are 4. something. I couldn't get it working at the time (easily)
>  and it was less than 5 minutes to apply the patches to my kernel,  and do couple
>  make;make installs >/usr/local. Lazy me.

i already filed a reminder about it to the bug report (no, I don't think it
is a bug, just a reminder). Actually, awedrv is in ver 0.4.2c, the actual
debian version is ver 0.3.3c

>  Hmm. I think I saw an AWE HOWTO somewhere a few weeks back. BTW, there's
>  an SB-Awe64 mini-howto in the recent doc packages. How far are you writing?
>  (I'd be more than glad to help, if I can.)

I have completed 3 chapters out of 4. It will cover installation,
configuration and testing (perhaps a note about the apps).

I will be announcing it tomorrow. Any help is welcome, and I am looking
forward to the bulk of comments, feature requests and bug reports :-)

Marcus

--
"Rhubarb is no Egyptian god."
Marcus Brinkmann