Xterminal and fonts problem

Howdy,

I've managed to get a X terminal working, but I have some problems with the
fonts (I suppose).

When I log on, there is no window-manager started, no problem. When I
start one there are some errors concerning fonts.

[ttyp0,zoef] 22:38 numatix:/home/zoef
      exec fvwm2 &
[1] 508
[ttyp0,zoef] 22:39 numatix:/home/zoef
[GetFontOrFixed]: WARNING -- can't get font -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*,
 trying 'fixed'[GetFontOrFixed]: WARNING -- can't get font -adobe-helvetica-b
old-r-*-*-12-*, trying 'fixed'Warning: Cannot convert string "-*-courier-medi
um-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*" to type FontStruct

This occurs also when I start some programs. What is the problem?
All the fonts available in debian are installed without problems
(on both server and client).
And when I start Afterstep there are also some font problems,
but after that is hangs where fvwm2 goes well.
When I run X localy on the server, everything goes well.

How do I solve this?

Greetz,
Heiko