Re: Mystique 220
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Mystique 220
- From: Carey Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 06 Oct 1997 20:32:29 +1300
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: "A.D.Y. Cheng"'s message of "Sat, 4 Oct 1997 17:45:13 +0800 (CST)"
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.971004174223.367A-100000@Mozart>
"A.D.Y. Cheng" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I am helping my friend installing debian 1.3.1 from a cdrom. My friend has
> a Mystique 220. Obviously, the xwindow packages in the cdrom does not
> work for this card. I want to ask which new packages should I get from one
> of the ftp sites and what is the correct procedure to install it.
I'm not sure what kind of Mystique I've got in my PC at work, but I
got it working like this:
1. Download the XFree86 3.3.1 SVGA server package from an XFree86
mirror site (under binaries).
2. Uncompress it.
3. Rename/usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA as XF86_SVGA.dist (just in case).
4. Move the extracted XF86_SVGA to /usr/X11R6/bin/.
5. Continue with xbase-configure like usual.
Carey Evans <*> http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/ gc
kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .