Re: Netscape 4.03 & new xlib6?

In article <[🔎] m0xFvAr-0002WqC@paso.ucsd.edu>,
	graziano@paso.ucsd.edu (Obi) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> yesterday I tried to upgrade to the unstable xlibc6 (3.3-6) and now netscape dies with a bus error, after having complained about locales not supported by the libraries and about a bunch of keys that it coudln't find.
>
> Is there some hope to run netscape & the new lbraries?
>
> thanks,
> graziano

I had to copy XKeysymDB and locale/ from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ to
/usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/X11/

Motif programs are now looking under the libc5 tree for these files.
By the way, I made duplicate copies instead of symlinks so that, in
the event of a debian package installing files here to solve the
problem, the files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 won't be damaged.

Good Luck,
Erv

--
Graduate Student                                edwalter@iname.com