Re: making a menu with lilo

Jason Killen <jkillen@tinuviel.cs.wcu.edu> writes:

> Can anyone give me some help with setting up lilo to give the user a menu
> at boot.  I've never set up a machine to do more than boot linux and the
> man pages haven't helped much.

You can't get a graphical menu like OS/2 Boot Manager (unless you
happen to own OS/2).  If the users can recognize a clue when they trip
over it, you could display a little text file with instructions using
the message=... flag in lilo.conf.  If you give each image and OS a
different letter, it could be OK.

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)