Re: No Debian updates?

No flame intended gents.  I use Debian for work and school, not a
playground.  I want to be able to use it without screwing around with
updates/bugfixes/jadajada.  Every four or five months is fine for an
update unless critical. I think many others feel the same way.  You can
always get the actual source for the app and compile it yourself and put
it in /usr/local if you have to upgrade (/usr/local is my play field).
Or you could work with the package maintainer to speed up releases.
Remember this is all volunteer effort.