Re: Translation Table Syntax Errors?

On Sun, 28 Sep 1997 liiwi@dlc.fi wrote:

> >> Sorry, but unfortunately, I don't have the -5 version of the libraries.
> >>
> >> Since I only have a couple of packages that I use which are affected I will
> >> wait.  I can do without Mosaic and nedit temporarily until things are fixed.
>
>  This also caused Netscape to crash with bus-error, without even starting.
>  Downgrading to xlib6_3.3-5 cured this totally. If you want all 700k of it, it's
>  still in my "backup-mirror-storage-whatever" partition.

This definatly looks like you've been bit by the same bug I've discovered
and reported (xlib6 wasn't linked with '-lc').  A quick "mostly-fix" of
the problem is to make sure that '/usr/lib/libc5-compat' is below
'/usr/X11R6/lib' in your /etc/ld.so.conf file and rerun ldconfig.  This
may temporarily remedy the problem.

--
       Scott K. Ellis        |        The reason angels can fly is that
       storm@gate.net        |         they take themselves so lightly.