RE: IBM THINKPAD

The problem arises from the fact that the 365xd cannot boot Linux bzImages.
These kernel images have been used by Debian since 1.2.  I solved the problem
by installing Debian 1.1 and then upgrading to 1.2 and later to 1.3.  I do
think that there is a better solution, but it may require compiling a new
kernel.  I have not tried this, but I will try it soon.  If I have any success,
I will be sure to inform you.

Paul