Re: netscape4_4.0-5.deb install probs

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Jim Pick wrote:

> > In either your /etc/profile our your own personal profile put:
> > CLASSPATH="$where_netscape_is:."
> > export CLASSPATH
>
> Or,
>
> export MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/lib/netscape
>
> I don't do this though, because every time I access a web page with Java
> using Netscape 4.03 it dies with a bus error - but only when I am using
> 24 bit colour.  I prefer the bookmark interface in version 4 to version 3,
> so I'll live without Java.

There are more problems with it I found out. It also isn't fixed for use
of bash2.0, so helper apps don't start up well. I fixed this myself by
ripping the postinst script from netscape 3 installer and doin' some
search-and-replace.

Should I file a bug-report on this you think?

btw. I fixed the handling of java by starting up with
MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/lib/netscape; netscape & in my .steprc, but I suspect
this can be fixed too by the search-and-replaces that are in the version
3 postinst script.....

Maarten