Re: DOSKey equivalent

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Lawrence Lucier wrote:

> Just wondering if there is a proggie analogous to MSDOS's DOSKey (which
> saves typed in
> keystrokes and then allows the user to recall them by using the arrow
> keys)?

Well,  if you're using the bash shell,  it does that automagically.  You
can even edit the commands you recall with unix (emacs/vi) editor keys.

The rescue disks use ash instead of bash;  I don't know if it can do the
same thing.  Once you get the system installed,  tho,  you're default
shell will be bash.

                     					Will

			        harpo@udel.edu
			       lowe@cis.udel.edu