Shrinking e2fs partition?

Hello all!

Has anyone developped a method of shrinking a Linux e2fs filesystem
partition?  I know that fips will shirnk DOS partitions, and
I've tried Partition Magic 2.0 which can play with other types
of partitions but haven't found anything that could do it with
an Linux e2fs partition.  Would the newer version of Partition
Magic do it?  Or is there some other program.  I'd like to avoid
a reinstall if I could.

Richard..