Disapearing /dev/tty0's

I have had an interesting problem rear it's ugly head two times now .. my
/dev/tty0's get SNAFUed for some reason.

This is what they look like normally:
 tty00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16450
 tty01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
 tty03 at 0x02e8 (irq = 3) is a 16450

BUT two times now, this has happened when the system boots up:

 tty00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16450
 tty01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16450

tty03 disapears and with it gone .. the mouse works but if I type pon to
dial up the modem doesn't work and the mouse freezes and I have to reboot
to get it back.

Several reboots and the tty's go back to normal and everything works
again.  It has me befuddled.  Anyone have any ideas?

Chad D. Zimmerman				    chad@dabcc-www.nmsu.edu
Southwest Technology Development Institute
New Mexico State University
HP: http://dabcc-www.nmsu.edu/~chad/
DBP: http://dabcc-www.nmsu.edu/~chad/Debian/
LCAO: http://dabcc-www.nmsu.edu/~chad/Las_Cruces_Art/