RE: Stable means not-changing?

On 23-Sep-97 Lukas Eppler wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Please tell me: Does stable mean not-changing or not-segfaulting?

I do not think stable was ment to be static.  It was ment to mean tested and
known to work on a good many systems and even probably yours while unstable
means that it might or might not work on your particular configuration or that
it did not meet the developer's standards for a shipable system.

Feel free to take out the big bat and correct me if I am wrong.

Note that it is stable and unstable not stable and dynamic or static and
dynamic.