Re: serial port speed

Lawrence <ychim@ForeverMail.com> writes:

> Anyone knows the default serail port speed?  It is 38,400bps?  Which
> file responsible for this setting?  I want to increase it to 115,200bps.

Most versions of unix only support specifying the modem speed up to
38400 (for historical reasons).  So to specify a higher speed, you
have to tell the OS to use a higher speed when something like pppd
asks for 38400.  This is accomplished with setserial, see the man page
for details, but you're looking for the spd_hi and spd_vhi options.

I put these commands in an /etc/rc.boot/0setserial-local file so that
they happen every time I boot.

# !/bin/sh
# File: /etc/rc.boot/0setserial-local

STD_FLAGS="spd_vhi"