Re: Problem with building of debian packages

In my previous letter I mentioned about the problem associated with
lines using the @fowner variable in dpkg-gencontrol and dpkg-shlibdeps

> > Error occuring in dpkg-gencontrol:
> > dpkg-gencontrol -pmgetty
> > dpkg-gencontrol: failure: chown new files list file: Illegal seek
> > make: *** [binary-arch] Error 29
It was really caused by calling debian "build" from Midnight Commander's
(or xterm's) prompt.
Probably the "build" utility should be called only from the raw console's
prompt. I think this information should be added to debian's FAQ.

I would like to thank very much to all these people who helped me to solve
the problem.

		Wojciech Zabolotny
		wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl