Re: How many modems ?

On Fri, Sep 19, 1997 at 02:09:29AM +0200, dada wrote:
: How many modems can attach to my computer controlled by linux?

I don't know about a theoretical maximum, however, I've seen people
comfortably use 16 or 32, using multiport serial cards.

However, this smells like you're going to use the box as a terminal server.

Do yourself a favor, if you want a terminal server, buy a terminal server.

If you need a good number of modems, pick up a used Livingston PM2 or
PM2e.  If you need to support a large userbase, consider a PM3
or an Ascend Max.

--
Jason Costomiris <><		| "VMS is about as secure as a poodle
jcostom@sjis.com		|  encased in a block of lucite....