Video Card and SVGA and dosemu

I bought a Matrox Millenium w/ 4MB WRAM.  This is the safe route, I think,
as there are some 2MB boards with a slower RAMDAC chip.  I guess SVGAlib
doesn't support this card, and this is certainly a problem What I am
wondering about though is dosemu.

I was able to get dosemu (the debian package) installed and running, I
guess, but I get a message when trying to run the shareware program skyglobe
in an xdos dos window:

   "I'm sorry there's insufficient memory for a color display"

Then I get a garbled screen with all kinds of colored upper ascii
characters.

Is all this because of the fact that SVGAlib does not support this graphics
card?

Can anyone point to known solution?

Another ridiculous question from

Alan Davis