Re: Detecting more than 16Meg's on a Compaq ?

In article <[🔎] C1256514.002B0F50.00@notes_3.kms.min.dk> you write:
>I can't seem to make my Compaq recognize more than the first 16 MB. I have
>read the boot prompt-HOWTO, where it says, that
>I shall type type 'mem=XX'. Easy, except it boots up before I can type
>that.

If you want to get at the lilo prompt, you can hit scroll lock when the
bios starts looking for something to boot off. But you probably don't
want to have to do that and type mem=128M every time you boot.

>So, I looked a little on LILO, to try and find something about a startup
>delay, or telling LILO about all 128 MB, but can't find anything there
>either.

In /etc/lilo.conf add a line
append=mem=128M
in the section for your normal linux kernel

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40