Re: sendmail+IDA

I've just done a unpackaged install of qmail.
It seems to work very well so far. One of the nice things is that because
the configuration seems more straight forward I really feel I will be able
to use the software. I've used sendmail and felt a little like a hang
glider pilot in a jumbo jet. So many confusing options, not if I could
just get the landing gear down.

I hope whoever is doing the qmail deb package keeps going with it, because
then more of us would use it!

The only real problem I found was that I had to recompile qpopper to
handle pop3 connections. Instructions for a 1 line patch were included.
The whole process probably took about 6-12 hours over a couple of days.

david..

Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 12:00pm - 11:00pm
http://www.binary.net.au