Cursor problem

Hi there,

is there a chance to force the cursor ? I installed debian 1.2 on
an older portable computer with LC EGA display (which is maybe a little
bit incompatible).
During booting the cursor is there but is away as soon as the
computers bios messages are shown.
Then everythings is fine except the cursor which is NOT THERE.
 I tried to play a little with setfont, which gave me a very small cursor
but cuts a part of the screen.

Any hint how I can force the cursor ? A big block cursor like on SUN machines
would be great.

thx & bye

berni

 Please respond to: berni@boerdix.lahn.de or: