RE: gcc

>Hi!
>
>    Was trying to compile a program with gcc and it gave me the error:
>     gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1': No such file or
directory
>I installed it correctly..
>
>Thanks,
>Jens

I had exactly the same problem with Debian 1.2 - on one machine everything
worked fine, on the other I got what you got.  I tried removing and
re-installing gcc, but the problem persisted.  Had me stumped as on another
machine there were no problems.

There is a solution someone suggested to me which got my gcc working again,
but i doubt if it's the 'correct' solution.  cc1 should be in
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.1/ - symlink this into /usr/bin as
follows:

ln -s /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.1/cc1 /usr/bin/cc1

Good luck,

     Martin