Re: Using the X with ATI Pro Turbo

There are many reasons why I will never buy another ATI product.
This is one of them:  They keep introducing new Mach64 chips that are not
driver-compatible with the previous generations.  This has bitten XFree
users many times.  There may be a work-around, but you'll probably have
to wait for a new version of the server.

You may want to check the source code for some undocumented config
switches that may help you out (by turning off various features, etc.)
This helped me once before with a Rev.1 Mach64.

Good luck,

Jeff