Re: Please recommend a quality 4GB hard drive

Right now, my personal system has a Micropolis Stinger (5400rpm 4.3GB,
Ultra SCSI), and hasn't had any problems. The drive is a bit noisy, but
seems to be very solid. I've never had any real problems with Quantum drives,
but I can say to stay away from any form of Conner/Seagate/Western Digital
drives. The failure rates are *horrible*. I've also heard many good things
about the recent IBM drives.

Simon Karpen
karpes@rpi.edu	  slk@acm.rpi.edu
"Fixing Unix is easier than living with NT."
		--Larry McVoy